Sunday, December 25, 2005

I got a Digital Camera!!

Ya! I finally got a digital camera after months of begging! I have a Canon Power Shot A610 w/ 5.0 megapixel. The zoom is amazing! I think that is my favorite xmas gift. Of course I am loving my other gifts, Season 1 of Stargate Atlantis, a warmer cardigan for work(I am soo cold in my office right now, so not funny), a big memory card for my new camera, Now Thats What I Call Music 20 (various aritsts, really good mix) , and a pin to wear that looks like a pointseita leaf. T/m I gotta go venture to the stores to exchange my cardigan for a larger one, need more shoulder room, and I gotta find a nice camera bag- not to big, just big enough to hold the camera, spare batteries, charger(which I gotta get too), and other little things (so I can use it as a purse too). Merry Christmas y'all!

Update: I bought a small camera case at Best Buy- very nice and the price wasn't too bad. Good news- I don't have to buy a charger as the chargere my parents have for their camera works with mine. Got the right size cardigan. Also got some cute pants from NY & CO- on sale. Also found a really cute shirt that was a dusty red and said Tome Coca-Cola Bien Fría (translation Drink coca-cola good cold) but didn't get it b/c mom said we would get it on our way back out. So I hid it, went to NY & CO, and then we went back to JCPenney- it wasn't there! So mom cost me a really cute (cheap too) shirt!

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

woo ho ! i love digital cameras .. the only problem is that you tae sooo many pictures they just become another collection of files on your computer. I have a gilzillion cds ful of pictures (or at least it seems like I do).

Merc Man said...

Do digital cameras with higher mega-pixel ratings have some type of system to compensate for camera shake? One of the guys I work with bought a new camera with a high rating but had a hard time taking clear pictures. I've got some hand shakiness, so I've held off buying a digital for fear of producing nothing but blurry images.

JBear1982 said...

My hands shake a bit too. I still get clear pics. I have discovered bracing an arm against something helps. The camera focuses very well. The higher the mega-pixel the better quality the shot. The optical zoom helps.

gimlet said...

I hear your loot also included an iPod nano. My dad gave me a 512MB Flash over the summer, it works great and holds far more music than I expected, but it sure would be sweet to have a display on it.

gimlet said...

Panasonic Japan has a blurb about jitter in digital cameras, and also their technology to compensate.

For the record, our 3.1MP Sony Cybershot has consistently taken great shots for us. However, the quality goes way down in dim settings with the flash disabled, since the camera has to absorb light over a longer time period, which just about guarantees blurriness. I haven't tried using a tripod to see if that improves the quality, though.

JBear1982 said...

Nope no Ipod nano, Golem got an Ipod tho.