Sunday, December 04, 2005

Random Rants

Okay, I haven't bloged in a loong time. So here goes.
Scouting for Food- Wonderful day, largest one day canned food drive that orininated from Gravois Trails (my district) we got lucky with the weather. Even though the truck was parked in the wrong spot, it still worked out. I did a little bit of everything; took bags out of trucks, dumped the cans on the table, directed cars where to park so we could unload them, boxed the canned good, found dry goods and boxed them, told scouts what to do. I love this service project.
St. Louis Cardinals- Cal Eldred and Larry Walker are retiring, they had great careers and will be missed. John Mabry signed a one year contract with the Cubs-bad move on his part in my opinion...he is so talented and the Cubs suck. Abraham Nuñez our hero for the fall, signed a three year deal with the Phillies- It sucks we lost him, but we wish him good luck. It appears we are in the hunt for the contract of free agent A.J. Burnett- the hard throwing former Marlin. Johnny Damon, is another free agent the cards might look towards, I think this would be a bad idea, I don't think he would fit very well in the Cardinals Organization. However, things are still up in the air and can change. The winter meetings are coming up, and if you will remember, Mark Mulder wasn't signed until after the meetings. So a lot of things can happen between now and opening day folks. Congratulations to short stop David Eckstien, who was recently married.

Life in General- Thinks have been really crazy with the semester drawing to a close, and all of my projects are suddenly due now. At least one of them is done, my other project will be finished on Monday, and then I can focus on my final project which will be done Wed. Then I can focus all of my energy towards final exams. My schedule for next semester is locked, so now if I can just finish this one everything will be good.

No comments: