Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Weekly Loki Update

Okay this is a new feature for my blog, and hopefully my faithful readers will enjoy this. This is the weekly Loki (my adorable yellow Labrador Retriever puppy). Loki is growing up fast. Gone is the puppy belly, she is now looking slim, and taller. Loki now weighs 12 and a half pounds! Her legs are getting long, and her paws are starting to get bigger. Her paw size will give us an indication of how big she will be when she is an adult. I'm thinking she is going to be a big one!! Our beloved dog Shadow, RIP, was 100 lbs at her heaviest and 93 lbs at her healthiest. So I'm used to big dogs and much prefer them to little yappers. So I'm really hoping Loki will turn out to weigh 85 lbs (her mom weighs 65 lbs and the dad was 85 lbs). I can't wait until Loki is able to go down the backsteps w/o us having to carry her. She can go up the stairs no problem, but going down them is an issue. I don't blame her, even I don't like those stairs; they are steep and open. However, once Loki is able to go up and down the stairs on her own, everybody will be grateful. Also can't wait until I can let her out into the backyard on her own; currently she is on a leash as she is too young and little to be on her own. Not to mention there are a few spots in the fence that have to be repaired- Loki has already wiggled her butt through one of the holes and frolicked in our neighbor's yard. No big deal, our neighboor is awesome, plus theres also the fact that he doesn't know that Loki got into his yard. Loki is also getting more bold in regards to the cat- she actually barks at the cat and is winning some of the staring contests. That's all for now folks. Stay tuned for the further adventures of Lil' Loki!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading of Loki's adventures. She's going to be a great dog!

Merc Man said...

Big dogs are the best! Fun to wrestle around with, big deep WOOF! when they bark, and big head to pet when they sit next to you.
As the commercial says, "(Big)Dogs Rule!".