Friday, April 21, 2006

Lokea'ai Lokai'lu

One of my little Loki's nicknames is Lokilu. I also call her Lokea'ai Lokai'lu (LowKayI Lowkaylu). Loki is getting soo big. She went to the vet on Tuesday and everything checked out okay. She now weighs 13.8 lbs. Pretty soon I won't be able to pick her up and carry her. I used to be able to cart her around tucked under my arm, have to use both arms now. She is getting longer too. She now has a front, middle and back. Before she only had a front and back. Her fuzzy fur is starting to go to its sleek adult look. She has that V on her chest that adult labs have. My little Loki lady is growing up. She now 'sits' on command. Next step is learning 'down'. Have to start looking for Obedience Classes. A puppy's brain is done growing at 12 weeks, and its at this time you want to start training them. Lab's are exceptionally smart and willing to please. Shadow was trained at The Dog House, and this is where we want to take Loki, b/c they are the best. Shadow did very well, and her training stuck with her all her life. Loki went swimming for the first time last weekend. She wasn't exactly sure what do to. I will be getting a baby pool for her soon. We got one for Shadow when she was a puppy. She loved it. I used to chuck walnuts into it, and she would go diving for them. (glug glug glug). LOL. I plan to do this for Loki. She is already retrieving. My dad has her retrieving and then diving into his lap...it's cute now, but wait until she is 60 lbs. Her paws suddenly look bigger, it's as if someone inflated them. She is no longer afraid of our cat, Climber, (the tyrant). King Tut still chases her, has batted at her nose, and cornered her, but silly puppy goes back for more. So Climber's reign of terror over Loki is over. Pretty soon, Loki will be chasing Climber. That will be entertaining. I don't think my fraidy cat, Phantom, has even seen Loki. I will have to bring him up when she is in her crate, and introduce them. Phantom is so scared of everything he only comes up when everyone is sleeping. He hasn't come up to my room in months. Phantom is a very odd cat, he is a total sweetheart; he loves headbutting you for attention, and he purrs loud. He is terrified of loud noises, I love him tho. Stay tuned for more exciting Loki updates and her adventures!

No comments: