Friday, November 17, 2006

Scouting for Food

This Sat is Scouting for Food Collection Day. Scouting for Food orginated in the St. Louis area, is the largest single day food collection and every year our city brings in the most amount of food. The scouts will hit the streets at 10 AM. I will be at the firehouse all day! I am soo excited, this is my favorite service project. I will probally be at the firehouse from 9-3ish. I will help w/ set up, making boxes, unloading cans, boxing cans, traffic control, and lots more. I want to remind everybody to leave a bag of food out on your front porch for the scouts!
Good Items: Soups, Beef stews, Veggie mixes, fruit cans
Bad Items: Expired things- if you won't eat it, neither will they, damaged cans, cans w/o labels. Candy- it is perishable- don't worry it will be eaten- the scouts will enjoy it!
We're at a new firestation this year, so set up will be different. Traffic will be much better tho. If anybody wants to join me, let me know- we always welcome help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did Scouting for Food this weekend too. It was fun. :) We were at the firehouse near SLU--at Forest Park and Vandeventer St.