Thursday, November 02, 2006

Cardinals Victory Rally!

I managed to get two tickets to Sunday's Rally at Busch Stadium. Nobody wanted to go w/ me so I went alone (Froggiegirl and Gimlet were the exceptions- they had family over).Unfortunately, I arrived so late I totally missed the parade. The tardieness is partly my own fault. I should have left much earlier. As such, I had to park a block away from the Metro link station in Shrewsberry. The train going there and back was packed like crazy, like sardines litterally. The crowd downtown was NUTS! I don't think I have ever seen downtown St. Louis that crowded! And they were all wearing red and screaming for the Cardinals!! When I finally got to the stadium, the streets were blocked b/c of the parade, but the crowd was at least 30 ppl deep on both sides. Naturally I couldn't see a thing. Being short didn't help matters. Finally I got accross the street only to get caught in another major traffic jam of people. After at least 45 minutes of being pushed and shoved I made into the stadium. The whole process of getting ppl into the stadium was not well thought out. Thousands of people wanting to get in and only a handful letting them in. One guy, tired of waiting, took matters into his own hands. He climbed the gates, and jumped in. He didn't get hurt, and came back later w/ a beer to flaunt. My seats were in the Redbird Infield club- an exclusive place, the ppl there check your tickets before you can enter, there you have your choice of places to eat, and mixed drinks. The seats were padded and offered a great view! I got there in time to see Mike Shannon talk and introduce General Manager Walt Jocketty. Jocketty spoke, Owner Bill DeWitt spoke, finally Tony LaRussa was called on the field and spoke. He came on amid cheers of "Tony! Tony! Tony!" The crowd went nuts! After some talk, the players and some of their family came out, and the crowd- already loud- got louder!! They talked to Molina, who had the biggest grin on his face!! He looked hot! All the players looked extremly proud and happy. Here are the pics to recount my adventure. I wish I had asked someone to take my pic, oh well.
*Felicidades a los Cardinals!! Congratulations 2006 World Series Champions- the St. Louis Cardinals!!!
*Por Siempre: Let's Go Cardinals!!

No comments: