Friday, March 17, 2006

There's no one to greet me...

Tuesday afternoon, we took our beloved dog, Shadow, to the vet to be put to sleep. Silly dog didn't realize what was about to happen. She was all happy, she has always liked people and going to the vet. I gave her one last hug and a kiss before we left. I started crying after that. We were just about to leave when dad found Shadow's fave toy as a puppy, her wooby. So I ran that in to the assistants to put with Shadow. It feels so odd not to have her with us anymore. I come home from classes, and there is no dog to greet me and demand food. No heavy breathing, or silky ears to pet, or sad innocent brown eyes to gaze at. I came home Wed, and upon remembering that Shadow was gone, said out loud "This sucks". It really does. We are discussing getting a puppy. We have all agreed that the new puppy will be a Labrador Retriever, just like Shadow. It will not be a black lab, that would be like we are repacing Shadow. And we're not, that's impossible, no dog will ever come close to replacing my dog. I want to get a Chocolate lab, dad does too now (I've lured him over to the chocolate side, lol). Mom and troll boy want a yellow lab. Dad wants to wait until summer when mom is out of school to get the new puppy. Mom, Golum, and I don't want to wait that long. So we are slowly trying to wear down my dad. I am hoping to get a puppy either next Thrusday or Friday b/c I only have one week until spring break, so I can be home all day with puppy. Since I can't go to New Orleans with my brothers as I wanted to, I am doing absolutely nothing. So hopefully, we will be getting a puppy soon.

No comments: