Thursday, January 11, 2007

No Hot H2O = Not happy JBear

So our hot water heater broke sometime on Monday. I discovered the lack of hot water while taking my shower; I couldn't get the water hot enough. Later, it was discovered that the hot water heater was leaking and on Tuesday no hot water was to be had. I have been sick since last Wed, and felt absolutley horrible on Monday and all I wanted was a nice hot shower before my doctor appt. Not an option. So mom and dad went to Lowes and picked out a new hot water heater yesterday, which had a dent in it but was otherwise functional so the guy who sold it had to take off 279 dollars, so they got a hot water heater for 100 dollars with a nine year warrenty (I think). Right now our new hot water heater tank is being stalled. By who? None other than a scouter friend and his son, who happended to be in the same fraternity as me. That's right, it's Joe and his son Danny Flees! They have been here since 11ish, and had to leave and get a pipe, and just returned so hopefully they will finish soon, and then I will have to wait another hour and a half for a hot shower. Which I am sooo looking forward to. Tuesday night mom and I ventured to Riverchase to sit in the hottub and have a hot shower. Dad and little brother have taken cold showers, which I am not insane enough to even try. So now I sit here waiting until I can take my nice hot shower! At least I will be getting one tonight. Then I am going to Gloria Jeans, then Olive Garden for yummy Italian food, and then home to watch Chicago! Things will be much better when I finally get my hot shower!

1 comment:

gimlet said...

If your new water heater is a Flees, does it flirt with you when you go downstairs?