Sunday, January 14, 2007

Miracle in Missouri part 2

Shawn Hornbeck, now 15, and Ben Ownby, 13, are both safe at home with their families. Neither boy has spoken to the press, and that's good; it should be a long while before either speaks to the news hungry media. More news regarding the story has come to light. The man who held both boys captive is Michael J. Devlin, a former employee of a Kirkwood Imo's and a funeral home. Last night on the news, lawyers for Devlin came forward and inisisted that Devlin is innocent. Yeah right. The guy took Ownby and held Hornbeck for over 4 years. Of course his family is saying that Devlin is innocent. A new group has formed on Facebook and it kinda makes me mad. Number one the some of the facts are wrong, 2) some of the comments are horrible (hes kinda cute-not appropriate), and 3) the spelling is awful. The guy who showed police the white pickup truck is Geoff Hadler. The most reliable source for details on this story is the news, not third hand stories.
Thank God for the safe return of both boys. Time is what these two need; time heals all wounds.

4 comments:

froggiegirl said...

Aparently Shawn and his family are taking to Oprah on Wednesday - that is going to be their first contact with the press besides the local press conferences they held this weekend. I heard this on the radio this morning.

I can't believe there are facebook groups! I hadn't seen those yet! It was weird on Friday, when I heard the news I had tears in my eyes even tho I don't know these kids or their families, but I could still feel what they were feeling.

Anonymous said...

I'm disgusted with some of the media blaming Shawn for not running away. We have no idea what manipulations and lies Devlin was using on him. Let's put the blame where it rightly belongs.

JBear1982 said...

I agree w/ that. It's very possible that Shawn suffers from Stolkhome syndrome; this is where the victim relates with their kidnapper. The only person who really knows what went on is Shawn. I only hope that this will lead to the recovery of more missing kids. Something isn't right with this Devlin character; I think he knows a lot more than he is letting others know.

Merc Man said...

People who are criticizing Shawn are idiots. Imagine being an 11-year-old at the mercy of a monster like Devlin. When I was 11, I had no idea such people even existed. The fact that he survived such horrible mistreatment is a miracle in itself. As far as Devlin is concerned, I hope he burns in the hottest spot in Hell!