Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Time to work out

Okay so I worked out on Sat, even though I wasn't feeling 100%. Actually I really wasn't even feeling 50%. I wasn't about to use that as an excuse not to work out. So I did, and my muscles were sore afterwards. Note to self: do not go overboard on new machine b/c it looks fun. I discovered that I can run; I haven't really been able to run w/o lots of pain in my knees. So I jogged a bit, did stairs machine, stretched, and swam laps. I love swimming!! I feel so at ease in the water! After swimming laps I relaxed in the hot tub, got out did some more laps including a 25 (one lap) of butterfly. Well to be honest it really wasn't all out butterfly- it was a drill, three strokes w/ right arm, three strokes w/ left arm, and then put it together for three strokes. I was drained after that- doing butterfly is a lot more work. It is so sad how out of shape I am-compared to high school that is. I used to do three hours of swimming 5 days a week, and sometimes I hit the gym on the weekends! I could do a 75 (3 laps) of butterfly before feeling drained. I could do a 500 (20 laps) in under 8 minutes! I wish UMSL had a swim team- I would be so much better shape if they did- cause I would push myself to make the team. Oh well. Well, mom is having knee surgery and will need to do some physical therapy for it on her own, so I will have a work out buddy!! Well at least on the machines, not in the water-that will be more like me swimming and her watching.

1 comment:

froggiegirl said...

I need to start working out!