Sunday, September 18, 2005

Alpha Phi Omega

Okay, so I went to Mizzou this weekend with Hilary and Rob. I attended the first Section 35/49 Fall Leadership Conference. Kudos to the co-chairs who did a fantastic job on it. I had a lot of fun getting lost, we couldn't find the campus. Then we couldn't find St. Louis Bread Co. So we decided to get out and walk, this turned out to be a great idea, because we passed a great bar, Harpos. In additon we ran into a girl who knew where Bread Co. was. So we enjoyed breakfast, showed up late to registration, and then attended a session on how to make meetings more fun. The person in charge of it was dressed in a cow suit and had a cut out of The Rock up front. Needless to say the session was very entertaining. I also attended a bylaw session, this was very beneficial. I also attended Launch, which suprisingly was actually good and proved useful. A three hour session of sitting and listening to lecture, was not high on my list. We left Mizzou early b/c I wasn't feeling too good. Got home around 6ish. All in all, it was a very good conference. Tuesday night we turn our potentials into pledges, we are very excited about the number of people interested in pledging. I will report later with how many pledges we have.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JBear1982 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
froggiegirl said...

ha you got lost in columbia! Glad you had a good time!

JBear1982 said...

Yes I got lost, but I wasn't driving, that was Hilary. I still woulda got lost had I been driving I'm sure. Not funny.

gimlet said...

Erm, that first comment was blog spam, not a posting...you can now enable verification in the Blogger control panel.