Tuesday, September 20, 2005

No classes!!

For the first time in my history of attending UMSL, all of my classes have been cancelled!!! Why? Apparently some of the nasty storms we expierienced last night knocked out the power on north campus!! Whooohooo!! So I got to sleep in, I slept til 12:30, guess my body really needed the extra rest b/c I never sleep that late. Maybe they won't get the power fixed and classes will be cancelled t/m too! I seriously doubt that, but hey a girl can dream. No classes, no classes!! Lalalalala! (part taken from Lion King's hyennas w/ their "No king, No king! Lalalalala!") UMSL should cancel classes more often, I like this!

3 comments:

froggiegirl said...

How come this never happened while I was a student...nor while I worked there....

JBear1982 said...

I'm just lucky I guess. At least this one time I am.

gimlet said...

Feel for the poor guys in ITS. I talked to one of the guys in Networking at UMSL this afternoon. Turns out they had to hang around all day with nothing to do, in case the power would come back on.

Since the Operations area in CCB has a backup generator fed by good ol' Laclede Gas, the network core and main servers were online and operational. MOREnet has its eastern core there, so all of the educational sites in our region of the state (about 1/3 of the state IIRC) were still up and operational.

How come this never happens where I work? Send all the users home, let the IT guys sit around and drink gin...err, I mean, patiently wait for the power to come back!