Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My little Loki

I swear my puppy knows when I'm in a hurry, that dog can take forever to go to the bathroom. Loki is doing very well in her obedience class- I now have more time to devote to her training sessions! I worked with her tonight, and we had a rough start but towards the end Loki was doing fab. I don't anticipate us passing to the next level this coming Sat., we still have some work to do, and I am grateful for the time. Loki hates having her ears clean...it is a two person job, unless we put her pinch collar and leash on. She suddenly gets all lovey and wants hugs. Loki is growing so fast! Her newest collar is on the third hole, where as a week or two ago it was on the fourth, and seemed a bit big for her. She has grown into it. I have to say that I love coming home and being greeted by Loki. She is all wiggles and always happy to see me. She can be a menace sometimes, but she is a real sweetie. I found Shadows old collar today, and was stuck by how much I miss my Shadow...I can still picture her in my mind and I can only hope that she is happy with Loki being a part of our family. Occasionally, we slip and call Loki Shadow. The pain of Shadow not being here is still present, but everyday with Loki is making it easier. I love my little Loki, she's my little girl and the cutest puppy in the world. She is going to be beautiful when she grows up, we get so many compliments on her looks. Yep, my little blonde puppy already has tons of fans... now if only we could get her to realize that ppl do not just exist to give her attention....

2 comments:

froggiegirl said...

Animals seem to know when you're in a hurry because that's when they want to play...take Fipsy for example. This morning I went to give him a treat and even tho he was extreemly tired he climbed out into my arms. We went into the bedroom and he curled up under the covers on the bed. That's all he wanted...to go sleep in the big bed!

Merc Man said...

Isn't it funny that puppies are so cool even when they're driving you crazy? All that energy is contagious, and with a cutie like Loki, it's just that much better.

I bet Shadow is happy you have Loki, and is very busy in heaven playing with all the kids!