Thursday, June 29, 2006

That's a Winner!

Unreal. If I had to explain last night's game in one word, that's it: unreal. Dad and I got tickets from a friend of mom's who shares season tickets with her brother. Originally, we were supposed to go on the 26th. But the ticket holders brother was coming into town so she asked us to switch to Wed. night the 28th. I am sooo glad we changed dates! Otherwise we would have seen the Cardinals lose. Before we left for the game, I checked the Cardinals website, one of my fave websites, to see if there was any special promotion going on that night. There was: it was seat cushion night for the first 25,000 fans 16 and over. So Dad and I got there about an hour and some odd minutes before the game began. Our tickets were for section 128 row 21 seats 9& 10. So we didn't have to go up any ramps to get to our level. We had an awesome view, as we were in right feild. I went down to the rails and took lots of pictures of Yadier Molina, my favorite player, and of Chris Carpenter, last nights starter, and hitting coach Dave Duncan. So I got lots of pictures of Molina stretching and playing catch with Carpenter. Then I got pics of Carpenter and Duncan in the bullpen. More pictures of Molina in the bullpen. I got some really good pics. I will post them later. During the game I discovered that the digitial zoom for my camera was off, so I turned it on...I am kicking myself for not discovering that sooner. I got some awesome pics of home plate, the pitching mound, Jim Edmonds in center field, John Rodriguez in left field, and Juan Encarnacion in left field. Nice close ups. The game was awesome at first b/c we scored first. A single off of Yadier Molina broght the runner home. Scott Rolen hit a single run scoring homerun. Things were looking up in the 7th inning when Carpenter was leading 3-1. Then Carpenter was taken out and Randy Flores came in....who let another single score...then Braden Looper,then Tyler Johsnon came in....finally Jason Isringhausen who walked a guy- then a popup which tied the game, and then the sacrafice fly gave the Tribe the lead. So the eigth innning was really sucking....Izzy lost Carpenter's lead...seems Izzy always has to have some nail bitting dramatics every time he enters the game. Then the ninth inning rolled around. So Taguchi started the come back rally when he hit a pop-up that should have been caught...but wasn't- 9 times out of 10 that catch is made, but the Tribes catcher dropped it!!!! Taguchi went on to 2nd base. Yadier Molina did a sacrafice bunt, which got Taguchi to 3rd. Aaron Miles then hit a double bringing Taguchi home. Then Scott Spezio's grounder brought him to third, two out now. Short stop David Eckstein comes to bat, and Miles scores on a two-out throwing error!!! It was insane at the park. The fans went nuts. The seat cushions went flying onto the feild like giant snowflakes. Everybody was screaming and cheering. The dugout for the Cards emptied and met Eckstein at first base. It was wild. Walking out of the stadium and shouting "Let's Go Cards!" earned several high fives from strangers.
Let's Go Cardinals!!!

No comments: