Friday, June 30, 2006

Loki Loki Loki!

My little Loki passed level 3 last week and moved on to level 4. She is the youngest in her class and one of the best behaved and trained. I can leave her in a sit or down posistion and walk around the room and she won't move. However, all bets are off when someone pets her. Loki still thinks ppl only come to see her. In order for Loki to pass level 4, she has to remain sitting when someone pets her. That is going to take a lot of work. Luckily there is no class this Saturday, so we have an extra week to work on that. I don't think Loki will pass level 4 quite as quickly as she did level 3. She is still a puppy. She is doing amazing tho. Mom saw a Golden Retriever puppy (about 7 months old) the other day, and said Loki is much better trained than her. Not suprising...Loki is very smart and wants to please everyone. We recently got Loki her own bed. It is a blue quilted bed with red stripes and white stars... very patriotic. The plan is to convince her that her bed is better than the furniture and that she should stay off. Hopefully, it will work, she is already laying on it.
Oh yea, gave Climber a bath today...he is off somewhere pouting.
My brother caught my elusive cat, Phantom, last night. I got to hold him and give him lots of attention. Poor thing, his fur is all matted up (dad had to cut some of it off), and his nails were soo long. I felt horrible for him, I felt (and still do feel) like a bad owner. Next time, my brother catches him, Phantom is getting a good scrubbing to get all of the nasty clumps off. That way he will look and feel better. Loki was an angel last night, letting me hold Phantom and give him TLC. That is until she came up and bit my toes...

5 comments:

Merc Man said...

Hey! Let's watch those critical comments about Goldens. Our beautiful girl never went to obedience school. She didn't have to. She trained us all by herself!

JBear1982 said...

Ya note the words "trained us"

Merc Man said...

So....what's your point?

JBear1982 said...

I'm training Loki, not the other way around...

Merc Man said...

Oh my gosh! No wonder our training sessions left me so exhausted! I was always doggone tired. (Sorry)

I gotta write this down......next time, WE train the dog. Got it!