Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Me + Computers = Trouble

As you can tell from my title, I had a disagreement w/ a computer. So I moved to a new building w/ my team. I get into work, after taking the stupid shuttle (I waited in the cold for that miserable thing!)I go and start setting up my new desk. So I move my mouse and log on. I begin to smell something funny....like something was burning. Didn't pay too much attention to it as my computer wouldn't allow me access to certain programs which I need to do my job. So I call the tech guys... and hold forever before finally giving up and doing a job for my boss. So after that and running to the cafeteria for a salad, I try tech guys again, this time I get through. After explaining stuff, they said that they would look into it. Meanwhile, I can't do anything until my computer is fully operational. So an hour passes, and I get a call from a tech person who again makes me explain the sitch on my computer, so she says she will be up in 10 or 12 min. She comes up and starts fixing it. So she fixes my computer, and then goes on to fix my phone (I am still smelling the funny odor). She smells it, so she tells me to call the tech guys- she thinks my computer is going to blow up. Oh fabulous. So I call tech, explain the new problem, and they tell me to turn off my computer and they will send someone up to investigate/ fix my problem. Guy comes up, determines I need a new monitor. So he goes away, and then returns w/ new monitor. Still smell something burning. So he takes my tower downstairs to clean it and see if that is a problem too. 12 or 15 min later, I get my tower back. So I only had my computer fully operational for the last 20 or so minutes of work. Fun day!

1 comment:

gimlet said...

Uh oh, you referred to your coworkers as your "team." Have you been drinking management's Kool Aid again?