Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Spring Break

So this year Spring Break is going to be very different. One, I'm actually getting out of St. Louis, two: its a cheap trip, and three: I could very well get lots and lots of service hours for it. Where am I going or thinking of going? New Orleans, LA. I am thinking of going with a group of students from Campus Crusade for Christ to help rebuild after the wrath of Hurricane Katrina. So far, I know of three of my brothers in my fraternity that want to do this. I think I want to go, it will only cost $30 and for that we get three meals a day, a place to sleep and warm showers- not the Ritz, but thats okay. I just don't want to drive. I want to have someone else drive their car; I will help with some of the driving and hopefully ride down with my brothers. So what should I do?

2 comments:

froggiegirl said...

I think that would be an amazing experience for you. I kinda wish that I could go - lol. Give it some serious thought, you could really make a difference in the lives of some fellow Americans who lost everything.

JBear1982 said...

Yea, but dad had to break my plans. "What about your back?" "Well hopefully that won't be an issue then" "I don't think sleeping on a cot is the best thing" Grrr! IF my back is still bugging me that much by then, then there will be serious trouble.