Sunday, November 25, 2007

Shop 'Til Ya Drop, Then Shop Some More!

This past weekend I went down to the Lake of the Ozarks w/ my mother and some of her friends. Girls only weekend!! We stayed in a nice condo and shopped in the Outlet malls and some side stores. Our shopping expedition started on Friday, November 23rd; (Yes, I know; Black Friday). But there were some awesome deals to be had. I got some great deals! My best (and first) find were these brown ankle boots. They were originally 60 bucks, but on sale for 30, plus I had a 15% coupon for them! They are awesome!!!! I found them at the Naturalizer Store. My next find was a jacket w/ a detachable hood (not a formal one like I was looking for but still nice) at Bass. It was on sale for 50% off, and I had an additional 20% off coupon!! It's a nice navy blue w/ four pockets on the front and one hidden pocket on the inside of the jacket. Then onto Bath and Body Works (of course!) where I got an Orange Ginger lotion for mom, a Lavender Vanilla (for sleep) lotion for me, both Aromatherapy. I had another coupon :) so I got a free bottle of Cucumber Melon body lotion, and the I picked up a antibacterial lotion (Country Apple) so I could get the gift they were giving if you spent $30 or more. The gift itself is worth almost $40!! We shopped all afternoon on Friday. We had Outback for dinner, then watched Hairspray and Knocked up that night. Saturday morning we were at it again. I picked up a three set of gold hoops in various sizes (20% off coupon). Then I finally found some cute sketchers shoes I liked, went in w/ another gal and got one pair at 50% off, split the bill even. We went to Mikasa (a glass store), that unfortunately is closing. Mom picked out a tulip glass vase, and then three bud vases of various colors. We then went on to little antique stores where I picked up a simple blue glass vase. I also got some choc. covered raisens at one store. I also found my Christmas Ornament for this year, a little snowman w/ the Cardinals Logo on it, that lights up. All in all, I did very well.
*Oh yea, another big highlight of the weekend was I got my first paycheck from work!!!! My biggest paycheck yet!! I was soooo excited to get it!!

No comments: