Saturday, August 07, 2010

North Pointe Aquatic Center

Today I finally visited the North Pointe Aquatic Center in Ballwin. It has a lazy river that goes around the majority of the complex. It sooo relaxing and doesn't move too fast or too slow. There are two pools, one is a kiddie pool that has a "beach" where you can ease into the water. Then there is a big pool that boasts two diving boards, two lap lanes, an Aquaclimb where climbers can climb a slanted wall and if they reach the top they can fall/jump back into the water. There was also a rope swing. There are two big slides; one dark (covered) and one open. I did the dark slide and it was awesome! For the kiddies there is a pretty nice splash ground and a kiddie area. The kiddie area has a tower w/ two slides a bucket on top that spills when it fills up and other fun things to entertain the little ones. There are lockers available however the center does not provide locks. I had a lot of fun floating in the lazy river and treading water in the big pool. I didn't bring a lock, I had my back pack which I thought would be fine however I was right next to the lazy river and it got splashed and my clothes got really wet. So next time I will bring a lock; that way I don't have to worry about my stuff or worry about wet clothes. There is also a cafe that provides the usual fare; burgers, dogs, chips, soda, etc etc... The shower/dressing room has three private showers and three open shower heads. There are no benches and only 4 things to hang stuff from. Hot water is non existant, the best is luke warm, however there is nice pressure. There are three changing rooms where there is a bench. That was nice. I normally go to the Riverchase Complex in Fenton, however it is closed until Tuesday for major cleaning. That provided the perfect excuse for me to explore a new pool. If it wasn't so expensive $7 a person I would go a lot. Now a comparrison:
Pluses for North Pointe: Awesome lazy river, aqua climb, rope swing, big kiddie play area, spash ground, two slides, Life guards Very attentive!
Negatives: Price, lack of hot water, lack of benches, lack of privacy (in the shower house), lack of locks, Open only Memorial Day through Labor day

Pluses for Riverchase: Has an indoor and outdoor pool w/ two kiddie play areas, has a nice hot tub, great pressure and lots of hot water in showers. Lockerroom is nice and spacious/ and private with electrical outlets so you can hook up a hairdryer. Locks are provided. Also there is a machine in the locker room that drys your suit- really neat. Indoor pool open year round.
Negatives: Lazy river is a joke, scratch that there is no lazy river, Price ($7 a person although they are advertising a new discount for 63026 residents-aka me), life gaurds are airheads w/ no authority and too worried about ruining their hair or getting their clothes wet to provide adequate protection ( I do not trust those gaurds!)

All in all, I really enjoyed my time at North Pointe and will definately be visiting again soon (I hope).

No comments: