Sunday, August 01, 2010

Jenny goes Ka-boom!

Okay I have been getting some questions as to why I'm on crutches and what happened. So here goes:

Friday morning I went to the doctor at St. Clares Hospital for an appt and to turn in some papework for medical bills. After my doc appt and getting even more paperwork, mom and I headed back to my car. Mom is helping me w/ the bills and paperwork, and thank God she was with me then! It was raining and mom and I were joking that we were going to shrink b/c we were getting wet. I was about a foot from the drivers door when I slipped. Long story short my left knee hit the ground first and hit the hardest. Falling and landing on my knees has been a nightmare scenario for me for a while now. I was in shock when I got up from my fall. Thank God for my mother- she ran and got me a wheelchair and convinced me to check into the ER. A cop took a report of the accident b/c I fell on the hospital parking lot. He took pics of my torn up knees and my dirty shoes (now covered in mud thanks to my fall). Once in the ER, they cleaned up my left knee, took some X-rays, and gave me some pain meds. I wasn't in real pain until we were waiting to get checked out. I opted to have my knee wrapped instead of an imobilizer b/c I just bruised it, I don't think I tore anything. Thanks to my lack of grace I had to call in to work late, then after some convincing from momma I called and said I wasn't coming in. As we were leaving (I think I was starting to feel the effects of the meds) I was asking mom if we could still go to my eye doc appt (which I had to cancel when I fell). I ended up taking a long nap when I got home. I was (and still am) upset about dirting up my cute red tennis shoes (I had just washed them the week before).
Right now I am home icing both my knees b/c the right one is protesting after having to have all my weight on it. I had to replace the pads on the crutches as the old ones were practically falling apart. So now I have new pads on the crutches which I may or may not use when I go into work t/m. I will more than likely be missing Zumba again (booo!) thanks to this. The first 24 hours sucked. My knee is feeling better and I've done some walking w/o the crutches, little unsteady but doing okay. So I'm feeling alright and am recovering nicely. I am trying to rest...not easy as I don't like to admit that I need help or take it easy.

No comments: