Monday, November 05, 2007

JBear got a job!!

That's right, I got a job!! Granted it is a part time job, but it has the potential to grow to full time. I got the job on Halloween. I am a Catering Admin. Asst for the Wolfgang Puck Restaurant at the St. Louis Art Museum. I first interviewed w/ them 2 weeks ago, and didn't hear anything so I assumed I didn't get the job, but then I got a phone call on Tuesday to set up a second interview on Wed (Halloween!). I ended up getting hired a few hours after my interview. I am doing a variety of things, booking reservations for events at the Museum, setting up staff sheets (who does what and when), invoices, thank you letters, and so on. My boss told me that the more events I attend and help out w/ the more I'll learn and the more I'll be able to do (which could lead to more hours). Also it could lead to a promotion faster! I am assisting the Catering Event Coordinator essentially. This is a pretty good fit for me; I like to work with pppl and plan stuff. Granted I'm not planning anything at the moment but maybe eventually I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very interesting job. Hope you are happy at the Art Museum.