Saturday, September 02, 2006

Cleaning does the body good

So I got into a cleaning frenzy this evening. I blame Froggiegirl...she and Gimlet have Gimlet's friend, Gary, visiting this weekend, and she has had to do a lot of cleaning (and laundry for Gimlet) this week. So first I started innocently enough with my bathroom. First I clean the sink, then I decide to tackle my bathtub/shower (something I haven't done in years b/c I can't kneel b/c of my stupid knees). I really scrubbed that (if you want something done right, do it yourself). Then I decided to vaccum... but first I decided to give more time to the clothes in the dryer, then I febrezed the living room, then I dusted the living room. Then I tackled my room. I dusted everything...well not everything- I didn't get the topmost shelf of my tall book shelf or my high shelves b/c I'm too short to do them w/o standing on a chair(which I refuse to do as I am petrified of heights). This meant moving and rearranging stuff on my desk and bookshelves. I finally cleaned out the little printer holder (or whatever its called) and I put my lotions(stocked up ones that is) on the top and all my b-day/thank you/graduation cards in a ducky bag I found. So my desk is clean- dusted and de-junked. I started dusting my room w/ dusting my bed. After dusting, I decided it was time to change my sheets, so I did that, thew the blue checked ones in the washer, and put on the sheets that match my comforter. Then I made my bed all nice and neat. Then after all this dusting, I vaccumed first my room, and then the living room. I even washed my puppy's food and water dish. I stayed hydrated by drinking Lemonlime Gatorade. Then I was done, or at least I thought I was done.
My back was spazing and I was tired, figured I'd tackle my desk in the office Sat. Nope, after watching the rest of the game (which I watched throughout my cleaning frenzy) and the post game and some stupid show on tv. I decided to go online. However, in my cleaning frenzy, this meant I had to dust and de-junk my desk. Which I did, it looks great now. So whoever messes it up (besides me that is) is gonna get hurt. My comp is the only comp upstairs that gets the internet, so mom and dad use it. Mom is not allowed to drink while on my computer (after leaving a soda can and then later a water glass near my comp- I paid a lot of hard earned money for this comp and I'm not about to have it get fried b/c somebody else was careless). Dad is not allowed to eat at my comp after getting crumbs all over the desk and keyboard.
So my living room, office and room are nice and clean. Loki and the parents are camping so it will stay tidy until Monday afternoon when they come home. Until then, I'm going to enjoy my hard work and revel in the tidieness of the house.

1 comment:

froggiegirl said...

Yes....Gimlet does crack the whip on his laundry getting done!