Monday, August 07, 2006

My new toy

As previously mentioned in my earlier post, I bought a laptop. Thanks to Gimlet and Froggiegirl, I got a pretty good laptop. As they are more computer savy than me, I asked for their advice. They recommended Toshiba. So I am now the proud owner of a Satalite Toshiba 15.4" sceen laptop. The only problem is that I had to go to two different stores to find one, then at the second store the only one available was the display, so I took that. I went home, proud( and a little nervous this was my biggest purchase on my own- Gulp!), with my new toy. Got home opened it up, turned it on and noticed a stratch. At first I thought I could rub it off, nope...have to get another laptop. So mom called Office Depot (where I bought it), and told them about the scratch. They said that there were more in the warehouse and they might get one in on Monday afternoon. So today (Monday) I give them a call, where they tell me it missed the truck and the earliest it will be in will be sometime on Wed. The truck doesn't have a specific time that it comes in, so technically it could arrive to the store anytime between 7 AM and 4 PM. I want to personalize it, play with it, and enjoy it! I am very excited about my laptop, its my first one. My first computer (where I am working now b/c I can't get internet on my new comp), is a desktop and was purchased in August of '01. I have been wanting to throw it out the window for several months now...hopefully after I restore it to its orginal status (after I take off all my stuff), I can sell it and make a nice profit. Not too much, but enough so I'm not just giving it away. Click here to see all the specs for my new laptop. Hopefully, I can get my new laptop early Wed morning, and then I will be in business by that night.
* Another note of interest: The Cardinals have won two games in a row now!!! Pujols hit homerun number 34 yesterday! All right! Go Cards!!

No comments: