Monday, August 21, 2006

102nd Posting!!!

Most ppl celebrate the 100th of something....not me. I am celebrating the 102nd posting of my blog. So this posting will have random things on it:
*The St. Louis Cardinals made a new aqquistion with the picking up of right fielder, Preston Wilson, who was designated for assignment by the Houston Astros (their loss). Wilson, who wears jersey #3, first played with the red birds on Friday against the Chicago Cubs. Wilson added to the Cardinals run count by slamming a single homerun. The Cardinals ended up beating the Cubbies 11-3. Sat- Catcher Yadier Molina hit a solo homerun to make the game 2-0 Cardinals. Unfortunately, the cubbies ended up winning in the bottom of the 9th w/scoring a single run-5-4 Cubbies. Sunday Chris Carpenter went to the mound and went 8 innings for a Cardinals win 5-3(even tho Izzy came into the 9th and almost blew the lead). Cardinals are leading their division w/ a 2.5 game lead. Gold-glover center fielder Jim Edmonds is battling post-concussion syndrome, and it is uncertain when the vetran will return to the starting lineup. Shortstop David Eckstien is sidelined for at least a week(everyone cross your fingers that that's all the time he'll miss) with an oblique strain he suffered on Fridays game while slidding into homeplate. He was safe at the plate, but ran into the Cubbies catchers legs. Ouch! Juan Encarnacion has taken over in center field, and Aaron Miles has taken over at shortstop. Third baseman, Scott Rolen, is up for the Comeback Player of the Year Award- he should get it, he is awesome this year. You can help him by voting here. First baseman Albert "the great" Pujols is yet again up for the Hank Aaron Award, vote now. Cards have Monday off in NYC, then Tuesday they start a 3 game series against East Division leaders (by 14 games), the New York Mets (boo Mets are pondscum-must do this b/c mom is from NY and is a fan). Then its home for 3 games vs the Cubbies (boo).
*Loki is six months old now and weighs 40.5 lbs. She is getting to be a big girl. She is so funny and sweet. Froggiegirl and I took Loki swimming atBlanchette Park in St. Charles last Monday for Pool Paws for Humane Laws. Loki got to go swimming in a swimming pool for ppl, she had an absolute blast. Froggiegirl was amazed at Loki's sleeping thru the entire car ride there and back. Froggiegirl took lots of pics w/ her underwater camera-Mom really wants to see those pics soon (as do I). hint hint. Loki is growing stronger everyday, she is solid muscle which is good, b/c that means she is a health dog.
*I am officially job hunting- one application in (if I can get the interview I am sure I can nail the job), I visited Kelly Temps(my current employer) and updated my skills level -which was a joke b/c the system was so outdated. I can work access, excell, word, and pwr pt w/ the best of them. Unfortunately the system had Windows 98, and I had to work Word , Access, and Excell 97- none of which I have worked with in the past 5 years. So obviously my Access says needs training as well as my Business skills (which is bull- they need to update and then they will have an accurate record of my abilities). I am getting sooo bored sitting around at home. I am playing the waiting game w/ Kelly Temps. I want to get an assigment so I can have something to do and have some income. I am contstantly looking at Monster.com and Hotjobs but have found nothing that sounds remotely interesting. I am going to give a gal a call today who works for Martiz's competition and get advice from her. Keep your fingers crossed that I'll get a job soon and get out of the house (the family is driving me nuts). Troll boy keeps asking "when are you getting a job", my response: "when are you gettting your Bachelors?". The boy has no room to complain-he works as a lifegaurd-and works nowhere near 30 hrs a week, and then complains b/c he doesn't have enough time or money...that's what you get for not going to college.
* Mom has started school, as well as troll boy (who is at Meramec yet again). I get to laugh at them as they trudge off, no more stupid assignments or dumb term papers for this girl. I helped mom fix up her classroom Wed, only to have her students take everything off the walls on Thursday b/c her room was to be painted. Nope, didn't happen. They ran "out of time", yeah right. Hopefully, it will be painted soon, and the plants from "the jungle" (all the plants on our front porch) can go into work.

No comments: