Saturday, June 05, 2010

All in a Day's Work

After a lazy start to the weekend; I sleept 'til about 11:30 AM, I suddenly got motivated. So I donned my bikini and washed my car. Not only did I wash it, I cleaned all the windows, and vaccumed it. Then since I was on a roll and wanted more sun (I did put sunscreen on) I washed my mom's car. I gave it the same treatment as mine; it is now clean inside and out. I also frebreezed her car. My car still has the new car smell and I like it so I didn't febreeze mine. After cleaning up outside, and putting both cars in the garage -bring it on rain- my cars will stay clean! :) I continued laundry-which I had been doing while cleaning the cars- I am a multitasker! :) I made my bed, then vaccumed the living room, the office, my room and Loki's bed. Loki even helped; for those of you who are wondering "How did the dog help?!" Loki's version of helping translates to following me around everywhere, getting in my way, and trying to trip me up. Loki did not help wash the cars. Loki loves water, and since she just got groomed on Wed, I so didn't feel like washing the dog and then dealing w/ wet puppy. So now the house is clean. The last load of laundry (excluding the whites which I will bleach t/m) is in the washer and I have tri colored rotini noodles on the stove for the Pasta Salad I am making. Loki was such a good dog, she waited patiently for both her meals today- first she let me sleep in (thank you- I apparently needed it) and then she let me clean and then feed her. Now she has her cow- Frankenmoo and is squeaking him while trotting around the house. Now she is showing her towel who is boss- yea Loki take it out on the towel... I have to go out later and get broccoli and cauliflower. I am feeling the after effects of cleaning 2 cars and the house.. I am tired but happy. I feel accomplished. I love how I feel when the house is clean- plus it looks good. Leftover Yellow Chicken and rice for dinner and then I'll hit the grocery store. It's all in a days work! I love the weekend! Normally I would clean on Sunday's but as I have a baptism to go to and then the after party, I won't get a chance, so I took advantage of the sun.

No comments: