Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Change for the better?

History was made last night. Barack Obama became the first Afrian-American to be elected president. The final results were: Obama w/ 349 electoral votes and McCain with 173. One happy note: Missouri did remain red by going w/ McCain :) This was perhaps the most important election in years. Either way history was going to be made; either a female VP or a black president. Personally, I voted for McCain, and think that the wrong candidate is heading to the White House. Voting turn outs were amazing. I spent about 45 minutes in line; I brought a lawn chair and the line moved well so the wait wasn't that bad. After voting I collected my free donugt from Krispy Kreme (yummy), and mom and Mark got free coffe from Starbucks. I hate coffee so I got a frappuchino. Dad said he saw on the news that some Black Panthers (whom I have absolutely no respect for) were standing outside of a polling place, blocking the entrance to McCain voters,stating that either way an African American would be president. (Don't they know by doing that they are pushing us years back- come on ppl drop the race issue). Kudos to the man who said "I'm former Army, you don't scare me." and pushed them aside and voted. I know that Obama does not support this action in any way. So change is on its way... or so people say. But will this change be for the good or bad? No one is exactly sure. Hopefully, America got it right, and Obama will pull us out of this economic mess. As long as my taxes are not raised and goverment doesn't control my healthcare (as were mentioned on Obama's platform) I'll be happy. So congratulations to Barack Obama, I wish you luck- I'm going to remain a Republican and support McCain but I accept Obama's victory.
Note: Security had better be double for Obama, we unfortunately have some sickos out there who can't see beyond the color of someone's skin.

3 comments:

froggiegirl said...

Actually they haven't officially announced whether Missouri is Red or Blue....

JBear1982 said...

If you look at MSN, you will see Missouri is red.

Merc Man said...

I think the biggest problem Obama will have is that there is absolutely no way he can live up to people's expectations.
It is interesting that the same people who are now imploring us to give Barack a chance are the same ones who did everything they could to ensure President Bush failed.