Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hot Hot Hot!

St. Louis has been on fire lately...and I'm not talking about the Cardinals. The past week and a half, the midwest city has been reaching temps above the 100 mark. This brutal heat has made training with Loki impossible. Even our nightly walks have been put on hold. We are currently redoing our front landscaping. Unfortunately, its been so hot, mom can only get in a few hours every morning before she has to call it quits. Thankfully, it looks like things are going to cool down. The landscaping is almost finished...it looks very nice. Loki and I managed a training session for a while and we weren't dying when we went inside. Last week Loki was a goober brain in class... she was totally out of character. The hot temps are to blame for that. Hopefully, we will be able to get in another solid session t/m night. She was good tonight, only broke once. For the most part, Loki does very well in class. She is still the youngest in her class, so she has some maturing to do. I am amazed at how smart she is sometimes. She has the potential to blow the rest of her class out of the water when she matures a bit more. I can't wait. I am really grateful the temps are going down; I miss my nightly walks w/ Loki.

1 comment:

Merc Man said...

Maybe Loki just didn't want to show off. After all, nobody likes a HOT DOG!