Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm moving out!

Yep that's right! I am moving...well not until November 7th. I signed a lease today for a two bedroom apartment in Park Meadows in Manchester. The second bedroom is really small so that will be my office. The master bedroom has a walk-in closet!! So I will have plenty of room for my clothes and shoes. The office/den (2nd bedroom) also has a closet, so I can put my dresses and sweaters there. I have a nice little dinning room, a linen closet in the bathroom, a nice living room, and a patio! Of course my patio will have lots of flowers. I will have hanging baskets, flower pots, wind chimes, and some little patio lights. I got a really good move-in deal, so my rent is actually lower. My cat, Phantom, will move in two weeks after I move in when everything is settled and no more loud noises. Hopefully, he will adjust and be able to stay there with me. Otherwise he will have to return home, which will break my heart. I am hoping Phantom will love it there and will become King of the Apartment....or at least the den where I'll put his litter box and a tunnel for him to hide in (so he can have a hiding place). I signed a 13th month lease, one month free (the first full month). So December I won't have to pay rent:) My apartment will only be 10-15 minutes away from my office (when the Fenton office opens up). So I will be saving a lot on gas money. I am close to home, so I can do laundry there and visit the family. I will be close to Froggiegirl and Gimlet, and I know Manchester very well; so I know where to do my shopping and banking. I am sooo excited about moving in. I will def. have a little party when I'm all settled. I am excited for November to get here, meanwhile I will be saving my money, looking for a bedroom set, and getting other little things for my apartment. The bedroom furniture will be the most expensive thing. I already have a great entertainment center, I'm taking the old loveseat and rocker (which are in great condition) from downstairs, grandma's kitchen table and chairs (its small but perfect), and my corner desk from the office here at home. I picked up another sphere chair for my apartment, so now I have two courderoy chairs; the faded one will go on the patio and the other will probally go in the office or the living room. That's all for now, so stay tuned for more news!!

3 comments:

froggiegirl said...

Yay that is so exciting!!!

froggiegirl said...

ps - those might be the same apartments that Liz's sister lived in....she lived either in those or the complex closer to manchester rd. right there.

Anonymous said...

Your apartment sounds great! It's so nice you have time to organize and plan before you move in.