Tuesday, March 04, 2008

10"+ Snow

Well, today St. Louis and other nearby cities got hit by a BIG snow storm. As of 45 minutes ago, we had 10 inches in our front yard. It took me an hour to get from The Saint Louis Art Museum (work) to home. I dont' think I did over 30 mph the entire way. It was an interesting, hair-raising journey home; I almost got stuck going up a hill, I fish tailed a lot, I ended up going sideways while going down Smizer Mill to enter my street. Thank goodness there were no other cars nearby. I made it up our hill to our house by encouraging my car (I kid you not), I down shifted and prayed I'd make it. I made it into our driveway (thankfully it was shoveled), and noticed that our mailbox was crooked (apparently dad took it out trying to get into the driveway himself. Dad and Golum (hermanito) were down a few houses helping a neighbor get unstuck so they too could get into their driveway. So now I am safely ensconsed in my warm house, watching the snow continue to fall heavily. Snow is supposed to tapper off around 6ish or so the weatherman says. Loki has already played in the snow once, and I'm sure she'll play in it some more before the day is done.

No comments: