Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Presidential Hopefuls

Presidential Elections are not until November of 2008, that is two years from now! And yet we are already hearing about canidates who are hoping to run. Hilary Clinton was one of the first to put her "name in the hat". I can not in good conscience vote for her; I would love to see a female president, but she cheated her way into the senate and besides she has already had 8 years in the White House. Bill was in charge? Yeah, right. Then there is the freshman senator Barack Obamba. Senator Obama if elected to president would be the first African American President. I am all for that however, I do not believe that Obama is the right choice. Not now at least, maybe after a few more terms in the senate, then maybe he might be ready. He does not have near enough experience to run this country. Obama has only been a senator for 2 years; he does not have anywhere near the experience needed for being president. Just b/c he is African American and young is not a good reason to rush him towards the White House. We need a president who knows what they are doing; not someone who is still learning the ropes. Being president is a major job; it is on a whole other level than being senator. Everybody is raving about Obama; but what has he done? I haven't heard anything about him; what issues has he spearheaded, or what changes has he helped implement? We have at least a year and a half before the real campaigning and mudsinging begins. I don't know who I am voting for, but it will not be for Obama or Clinton. Its too early to tell. A lot of people say they are going to run for president, but they end up dropping out before going before their party for the right to represent. All I know is that I want a president that has experience in politics; lots of experience. I am merely expressing my opinion here; everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and politics is one of those touchy subjects. Don't start a debate with me b/c I will not engage. We have a lot of time left, and right now, I am focusing on who is charge at the moment, not who could be in charge. Personally, I support Bush (yes, I'm republican) and I tend to vote Republican. I really just want the person is most capable of doing a good job.

No comments: