Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Countdown to Freedom

August 3rd 8:41 PM I will officially be free from the tyranical system known as UMSL!! I am sooo excited!!! I have less than a month to go. I have had a countdown going since day one- several of them in fact; on my blog, in my planner, on my class sylabus/schedule....truely its the only way I would survive summer school. I am excited to leave school, but I am nervous about not finding a job...I always doubt myself and lately I am having a really hard time of being able to think positively...so I think negatively...I can't get hurt that way...
*I need to bump up my resume, start looking for jobs I might be interested in, buy a book on cover letters, write a cover letter(s), send out my resumés and hope for the best. I know in the back of my mind my skills will speak for themselves....but I always doubt things before they happen. I just want to pass all of my classes, graduate, and then focus on getting a job. It would be nice to know I had a job when I graduate...but I will settle for a Kelly temp assignment while I'm looking for a job, that way I will have a source of income.
*I did see a person I worked with last summer and she said that the team is hurting...asked her to mention I am available to work...she said she would mention it. B/c of my insane summer school schedule, and my lack of constant availability..Kelly Temps did not offer me the assignment I've gotten for two years. One that I have dominated (I can work circles around some of the temps they hire- I'm not being overconfident-just ask anybody at Maritz I've worked for or my dad, and they'll tell ya the same). So hopefully, w/in the next few days or so I'll get a call asking if I can work...having a source of income would be greatly appreciated. Paying for gas to attend classes is getting expensive and I hate asking the parents to pay for it. Not going to class b/c gas is expensive is not an option. I will graduate- I'm soo close it would be extremly stupid not to finish.
*I'm looking at new computers- mainly a new tower and a new monitor...I'd settle for a new tower and then get a new monitor when I'm working again. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse, and an awesome printer so I don't want to pay for stuff I don't need. Gimlet said to watch for back-to-school sales in July. I will keep my eyes peeled and when I find a good deal, I'm going for it. I am tired of my computer moving at a snails pace and constantly having to reboot it. I have had the entire system wiped clean and restarted twice. I've had it. Its seen me through college- I bought it the summer of 2001. So if it can last me until August 3rd, it'll be all good.

5 comments:

froggiegirl said...

Woo hoo! I can't wait not to be the only one out in the real world!

gimlet said...

Come, join us...

Merc Man said...

Yes, join us. It's time for you to be as miserable as the rest of us!

JBear1982 said...

I don't want to join the Apple society. I hate Macs w/ a passion. Give me a PC anyday over a Mac. Whoohoo the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter everyday, and my graduation party is just a little under a month away!!

Merc Man said...

I've heard that the problems at the Apple Society can be directly traced to a bad core. Arghhh!

Seriously....there's an Apple Society? What? Is it like the Freemasons or something?